Anton Hopen is an Honors College graduate of the University of South Florida in Interdisciplinary Science and a graduate of the University of Florida College of Law where he received the Presidential Recognition Award for Outstanding Achievement. In addition, at the University of Florida, he won election as Student Body Chancellor and chief justice of the Honor Court. Prior to his career in intellectual property law, he served as a felony criminal prosecutor for the 6th Judicial Circuit of Florida. As a trial attorney, he conducted over fifty (50) jury trials to verdict as lead counsel.
Court and Agency Admissions
Anton Hopen practices before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, all U.S. District Courts in Florida, the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. He is experienced in patent prosecution, trademark registration, inter partes review before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board and contested cases before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Certifications and Recognition
The Wall Street Journal and Money Magazine have recognized Mr. Hopen as an expert authority in intellectual property law. In addition, Mr. Hopen holds and “AV” rating by Martindale-Hubble. This is the highest possible rating. Furthermore, he is Board Certified in Intellectual Property Law by the Florida Bar.
Anton Hopen has a broad technical background. For instance, he has prosecuted patents ranging from biotechnology to software and telecommunications. He is versed in several programming languages, SQL Server and network infrastructure. In addition, Mr. Hopen has written and licensed pharmacology simulation software to a wide range of customers including medical schools, federal agencies, research universities and all branches of the armed forces.
- BioFlorida Annual Conference;
- Florida State University;
- National Neurovision Research Symposium;
- Moffitt Cancer Research Center;
- University of Florida College of Law;
- Keller University;
- United States Department of Defense;
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University;
- Stetson 33rd Annual Conference on Higher Education;
- Hillsborough County Bar Association;
- University of South Florida Connect;
- University of South Florida Graduate School;
- University of Central Florida;
- Florida Bar;
- Central Florida Speakers’ Association; Bay Area Manufacturer’s Association;
- First Annual National Academy of Inventors Symposium.